All you need to know about what you need to know!
June 2, 2023
1. JOLTED. The April Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) showed a shocking 10.1 million job openings in the US labor market – a turnaround from what economists had predicted. Read more here.
2. Freedom Isn’t Free. RedBalloon released a video on Monday featuring Head of Engineering and former veteran, Steve Bremer, as a salute to those who have served to protect this country. Watch here.
3. Higher than Expectations. Economists were left scratching their heads as both jobs growth and unemployment shot up in the latest Jobs Report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. According to the report 339,000 new jobs were added in May versus expectations of 190,000. Read more here.
4. DEI to DIE? The Supreme Court is expected to strike down or severely limit affirmative action initiatives in colleges in June. If overturned, this could be the tipping point against DEI trends in corporate America. Read here.
5. Target on their back. After pushing woke products on their customers, Target has lost $13.8 billion in market share to conservative backlash. Read more here.
6. Level up. Dive into this week's 'Week in Review' for exclusive insights by RedBalloon's CEO!