Week in Review: Cancel Culture is a Driver of Talent Migration to Florida
Updated: Mar 4
All you need to know about what you need to know!
March 3, 2023
1. Young and Not So Restless. A new study shows that recent college graduates are finding it difficult to adjust to the demands of the workforce. Along with that, employers are finding it difficult to hire motivated young people. CEO Andrew Crapuchettes joined ABC News to discuss. Read more here.
2. Consumers Cancel the Cancelers. A new study shows that 78% of Americans are more likely to support companies that reject cancel culture. Read more here.
3. Is Workplace Culture Striking Out? Trackers show that workplace labor strikes are up 50% in 2022. Read more here.
4. Road Trip. Nearly one thousand people a day are migrating to Florida from states like New York, New Jersey, and Illinois. Read more here.
5. RedBalloon’s CEO offers an analysis of this week’s trends in the labor market.
6. Catchy Quotes:
“Post-pandemic, the workplace is still unsettled. From lockdowns to remote work, to the great resignation and now the great regret, employees have been through workplace whiplash.” -- Andrew Crapuchettes CEO of RedBalloon
“What we're hearing over and over again is that young people don't want to work. They simply are a generation that hasn't been hungry," -- Andrew Crapuchettes, CEO of RedBalloon.
“People just want to be who they are. But too many companies force employees to pledge allegiance to a set of progressive values and policies that violate their faith and compromise their values.” -- Andrew Crapuchettes, CEO of RedBalloon
RedBalloon CEO Andrew Crapuchettes has founded several successful tech-focused companies and is widely considered a global pioneer in the development and use of labor market data analytics. He served as the founding CEO of Emsi (now Lightcast) - which brought market-changing innovations to how higher education, corporations, and governments approach the labor market. Crapuchettes is also a frequent presenter at technology and business conferences, and frequent guest on business and technology news and influencer podcasts. In 2021, Andrew founded RedBalloon, which has quickly become America’s largest job-board-connector of employers and job seekers who prioritize workplace culture.
Media Contact: Isaac Lopez
(208) 997 8013, email@example.com