Week in Review: Laborious Constraints
All you need to know about what you need to know!
May 5, 2023
1. Spring thaw gets the chills. The BLS released its Job Opening and Turnover Survey (JOLTS) this morning, and job openings declined by 300,000 to 9.6 million in the month of March. Read more here.
2. Laborious constraints. The U.S. economy wants to take off, but it has one of the smallest labor supply pools in its history, and disengagement remains high. Read more here.
3. Good Money After Bad. RedBalloon released a groundbreaking report on the Hidden Cost of a Bad Hire. Read more here.
4. Is AI the solution? The April Jobs Report came out this morning, and it showed that the US economy added 253,000 jobs. The economy wants to take off, but there aren’t enough people to fill the gaps. Read more here.
5. Want to sound smart? Watch this week’s “Week in Review.” RedBalloon’s CEO offers analysis on this week’s trends in the labor market.