All you need to know about what you need to know!
April 7, 2023
1. Perfect 10 on woke-o-meter. Both Bud Light and Nike have scored perfect 10’s on virtue signaling to the woke mob. And got incredible push back on social media. Read more here.
2. No JOLT in Jobs Report. The JOLTS report showed a decline of 600,000 job openings, and the Jobs report showed 236K new jobs created – all in line with expectations. Companies are paring back new positions, but still filling open positions. Read more here.
3. Toxic Pits. There is mounting evidence that the growing wave of diversity, equity, & inclusion (DEI) trainings and policies are creating toxic workplaces that pit employees against each other and destroy company culture. Read about it here.
4. Conservatives Need Not Apply. Big job boards are canceling conservative job listings, according to a recent RedBalloon report. Read here.
5. CEO Andrew Crapuchettes offers analysis on this week’s labor market news.
6. Catchy Quotes:
“People want to build their careers around their skills and work product. Employees thrive when they’re recognized for their achievements and excellence. That’s why DEI is so destructive to workplace culture,” -- Andrew Crapuchettes
“February saw a bigger than expected drop in job openings, yet quit rates were up slightly and layoffs were down slightly. This looks like a labor market that is not suffering from a slow-down, but rather a pare-down and winnowing of positions. That could very well signal a soft landing the Fed is trying to achieve,” -- Andrew Crapuchettes